MESSAGE FROM THE CREATOR
I TAKE YOUR PRIVACY VERY SERIOUSLY. I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT YOU DO WITH YOUR PHONE (OR TABLET). I DO WANT TO KNOW HOW PLAYERS AS ONE BIG GROUP PLAY THE GAME.
YOUR PHONE BELONGS TO YOU, NOT TO ME.
Last updated: May 28, 2018 (and earlier updated December 3, 2016)
SURVIVE GAME UPDATES 1 TO 109 DO NOT COLLECT ANY USER DATA.
SURVIVE GAME UPDATE 110 AND GREATER COLLECT ANONYMIZED DATA USING UNITY ANALYTICS.
SURVIVE APP DOES NOT TRACK WHAT YOU DO WITH YOUR DEVICE. SURVIVE GAME TRACKS HOW PLAYERS PLAY THE GAME. survive game has been using 'coppa compliant' setting for greater privacy (even though game is not primarily intended for children below 13 years)
Analytics data we collect is for collecting bugs (and fixing them), and for understanding how game is being played.
If you have any question, feel free to ask via:
WHAT KIND OF DATA SURVIVE GAME COLLECTS: GAME SUBMITS DATA ABOUT HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME
Example data being collected: Once you begin the game, the game sends a custom event regarding “started game, scenario name, game version”. Once the game ends (due dehydration for example) the game submits data about “how many days you survived”, “how far you traveled”, “how many fish you caught” and other gameplay related statistics.
- This information about gameplay helps me understand and balance things. For example, if nobody is hunting in the game, and everybody is eating their bellies full of fish I can figure out a way to change that situation somehow. If nobody is using fireplow and everybody is using fire bow, I can think of a solution for that. It makes no sense to have useless features in the game.
- Game submits anonymized data via Unity Analytics. Unity analytics created an anonymized user ID that cannot be connected to any other apps. Even if you’d have an another app by me, I cannot know that. I’m not interested in individuals playing the game and there’s no personal data that gets collected. What I’m interested to learn how massive amount of players play the game. By using Unity Analytics, I get much better understanding on this.
- The data collected will be COPPA compliant (that’s a good for you)
- More information also at Unity site, see also section “anonymized user ID”
- Unity collects certain type of data automatically regarding launching game, how often players play the game and so on.
- Using data: Data collected can be mentioned in the blog. For example, I really want to be able to say that 6 million Survive players have played total of N million hours.
Survive game saves files on your device for gameplay reasons. Files contain information such as current scenario status, highscores and so on. Each player has their own save files.
- For example, there is a file "playerlocal_1.dat" that stores local player #1 information. There is also a file called "score_plr_12345679something.dat" that stores logged in player's highscores to the device.
UNITY ANALYTICS DATA COLLECTION
Survive game is made using Unity game engine. Unity is 3rd party company that collects data for their purposes, and for helping us create and improve the Survive GAME.
Unity collects anonymized data (and personalized data within Survive app), see below:
"In order to provide analytics for your games, Unity Analytics generates an anonymized user ID for each user in your game. We do not use any of these IDs generated from Child Apps to track users across apps built by other developers or to map users between different services, devices, or browsers on the same computer. In addition to these IDs, Unity Analytics also collects the following personal information from Child App users: IP address, identifiers for advertisers (IDFA is only collected if Unity Ads is also enabled) and device identifiers (IDFV, Android device ID or IMEI if Android device ID is unavailable).
Unity’s use of the personal information identified above is limited to providing app-level analytics for the application’s developer and analyzing and reporting anonymized and aggregate-level information about devices, apps and the game industry (for example, the percentage of devices using a certain operating system or the percentage of certain devices by regions). This aggregate-level data contains no personal information. Also, if you’ve enabled Unity Ads in a Child App, Unity may use information about a user collected by Unity Analytics from that Child App to serve contextual advertising within that Child App."
Please notice that Unity operates in several countries, so it is possible that the data mentioned above is located in non-EU area.
GOOGLE DATA COLLECTION
Because Survive game is downloadble only via Google Play store and using their system, Google might be collecting data about your usage.
google might collect your data: YOU CAN PLAY THE GAME OFFLINE, BUT IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE GOOGLE LOGIN PLEASE BE AWARE THAT GOOGLE USES YOUR DATA for THEIR PURPOSES.
SURVIVE GAME APP and SURVIVE GAME TEAM DOES NOT HAVE ACCESS TO RAW DATA GOOGLE COLLECTS. GOOGLE PROVIDES OVERVIEW SUMMARY (SUCH AS "80% OF PLAYERS ARE MALE, 20% ARE FEMALE") WHICH DOES NOT SPECIFY YOUR INDIVIDUAL INFORMATION TO SURVIVE TEAM.